Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Dressy Fall Bag

After several weeks of working on this bag off and on, I finally finished it last night.





The bag measures 15 inches wide at the top and tapers to 9 inches wide at the bottom. It stands 8.5 inches tall and is 3 inches thick. The handles are long enough for the bag to be carried over your shoulder.


This bag is made of hand felted wool fabrics. The darker strips on the front were once part of a woven poncho, the rest of the fabric was once a winter coat.

The felt, braid and beads used for the embellishments were left over from other crafting projects.




The inside of the bag is a bright spring green fabric that was a remnant piece that has been in my "stash" for quite a while.

The bag has a magnetic closure, and sports my trademark "hand made" charm.

Like yesterday's leaf bag, the plan is for this bag to go to a show I'm doing next weekend -- unless of course someone lets me know before then that they want it!

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

Wow, this looks great, and very "autumnal," too!

Bev said...

This one is to date my very favorite. Of course it took a lot longer than the other ones, but great art takes time ;^>