Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pumpkin Bag



In keeping with the fall season, this latest bag has a pumpkin theme.




The outside is made of 2 different sturdy (but flexible) fabrics that I picked up as remnants while I was in Springfield.

The inside is fabric that I had on hand.



The diagonal embellishment is made up of 2 different ribbons and some cording.

The gold pumpkin is leather and the other two are felt. All of them have glass bead stems and leaves.

This is intented to be used as a tote bag -- perhaps to hold a knitting project or a sketch book and pencils or a novel and a snack -- so it has no closure. It is 14 inches tall by 11.25 inches wide by 4 inches thick.




Meantime, this bag (which was actually the second one I did) is winging its way to California today to be entered as a possible item for publication in Haute Handbags a publication put out by Stampington Press. I love their magazines (especially Belle Armoire) and since they are doing this new bag one, I figured why not see if I can get some free press!

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: